I didn't have to work this past Saturday at Bennett Cooper so Loren and I decided it was a great morning to take our babes out on a date!
When Loren and I go on a date we always explain to the babes how important it is that Mommy and Daddy go on a date and take time to be together. So why wouldn't it be important that we take our kids out on dates so that they know we value them and our time with them as well?!
So, Saturday morning we split up... Daddy with Tuck and Mommy with Greta... and headed out to make the morning our oyster... or make some memories at least!
From what I heard, the boys went to McDonald's and had one of their big ol' breakfast plates.
Daddy said Tuck was quite talkative with out his big sister there!
After McDonald's the boys went over to Menard's to walk around and check out "man stuff."
They looked at tools and Tuck got to sit on and pretend to drive just about every "tractor" there! (his big fascination is riding lawn mowers or 4 wheelers to which he calls all of them tractors.)
It sounded like my two favorite boys had quite a good time with each other!
While the boys were bein' silly and doin' there thing me and G had a nice relaxing morning!
We started off at Panera with a delicious breakfast...
While eating breakfast I thought it would be fun to ask her some questions.
Like a little interview!
She has such a grown up personality and a big imagination I wanted to capture some of her thoughts for us to look back on.
Here are the questions I asked her...
Here are the questions I asked her...
- What's your favorite color? Pink
- What's your favorite thing to eat? Donuts
- What's your favorite thing to drink? Pop! Or Icee's from Target. *What about hot milk? Oh yeah hot milk too!
- What's your favorite song? Mom, you know this... Taylor Swift! *Which one? All of them.
- What's your favorite kind of animal? Umm, I like lots of animals. *Do you have a favorite? Elephants, and Walter, and kitties too!
- What's your favorite store to go shopping at? Target
- What is your favorite toy to play with? All of my little Toy Story toys.
- What's your favorite thing to do during the day? Play outside and go to Grammy's pool.
- When you get bigger what are you going to do? Get married. *To who? Jack
- Are you and Jack going to have any babies? No, but you should have another baby... like Paisley!
- You want Mommy to have another baby? Yeah, a little baby girl.
- When you get bigger are you going to have any pets like Walter? Yes!
- How many pets? Three or twenty seven.
- When you get bigger what are you going to do for a job to make money? Paint stuff and ride ponies.
- What should Tucker do when he gets bigger? Drive trains.
These answers were so cute and hilarious at times I could hardly keep myself from laughing at her answers!
I love how a child's mind can think sometimes.
How it can be so simple, creative, and innocent.
Well, after our wonderful chat over breakfast we headed over to Ocean Nail and Spa to get ourselves a pedicure!
Greta was a little nervous at first, which is why she wouldn't look at the camera!
She isn't a huge fan of new things and has a hard time handling herself if she doesn't know what to expect.
But the good thing about Greta is that she eventually adapts and starts to have a good time!
So even though she was very nervous when the lady came over to paint her fingers and toes... she had a good time playing with the remote to her seat and making herself "wiggle" around as she said! lol
Eventually we got a smile and she started to have a good time!
How could you not?!
It was such a nice, calm, relaxing experience.
And look at those cute toes...
Can I just say what a GREAT time I had on my date with Greta!
Getting one on one time with my little girl was priceless!
I can't wait for our next date day when I get to have Tuck all to myself!
Daddy has already said he is not too sure what activity to do with a girl but he would think of something! :)
For those of you that have kids... take them out on a date!
Heck, make dates for everyone in the family a regular and important thing!
Spending some one on one time with the people you love is not only fun but it lets that person know just how important they are to you... and for you... it makes for some great memories to cherish.
Hope you all had a great weekend!
The Appleberry household did for sure! :)