Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Here we are... Mother' Day!
A day to honor, cherish, and tell the Mom's we love just how much we love them.

Today has been a wonderful day.

A woke up to breakfast in bed, which Tucker so politely came running in screaming "Happy Birfday Mudder!" And I was greeted with a wonderful surprise... a note under my plate that read
"Just some facts about our Mommy..." which then lead me around the house reading things like...
"she is kind, warm, funny, crafty, dedicated, smart, and a good cook!"

Yes today has been a good day.

Greta already had a melt down this morning and Tucker's whining and neediness usually hits an all time high on days like this. But, that is a typical day for this Mother. I guess it just reminds you that today may be special but it is still a day in the life of a Mommy.
However needy or naughty my kids can be it still doesn't change the fact that I am their Mother, today is a day to celebrate that, and when the day is done or life is done... they will be my most prized and cherished possession.


And with that I would love to leave you with one of my favorite books that I read to Greta.

"My Mommy and I"
by P.K. Hallinan

My mommy and I are as close as can be.
We always have fun, that's easy to see!
We like to sip punch and watch great cartoons!
We like to play bunches of games with balloons!
And few things are better than the stories she tells,
When it's time for my nap or I'm not feeling well.
Sometimes we'll go on a trip to the zoo,
And look at the bears and the elephants too!
Or sometimes we'll visit the mall down the street,
And pick out new clothes and have treats to eat.
We play at the park.
We sing like a lark.
We light up our flashlights to brighten the dark.
And Mommy's right there if I ever feel scared.
We like to dress up on Sundays for church.
We like to have picnics under the dogwood and birch.
And we like to give thanks to God for His love,
For the shoes on our feet and for heaven above.
Yes, Mommy is special in so many ways.
Her love is the sunshine that comforts my days.
She's there when I laugh and there when I cry.
We're joined at the heart,
My Mommy and I.

To all the Mom's out there...
Happy Mother's Day!

May God bless us Mom's with patience and wisdom to raise healthy, happy, children of God.

Chat later,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...