Friday, June 24, 2011

Bittersweet.

So... this morning my cousin Alysha left to start a new chapter in her life.

Her, her husband Nick, their two babies Landon and Addison and their puppy Lucy will be moving to a little town in Wisconsin called Prairie du Chien.

A couple months ago Nick lost his Dad (you may remember this post) and I believe that is what set this new chapter in motion.
It is not a bad chapter but a good chapter I believe.
A chapter for them to start fresh, make new friends, and most importantly make memories with Nick's family which they have not been able to do much of because of living so far away.

However, this chapter in her life leaves me feeling sad.
But in the midst of my sadness I am also very happy for her.

Happy that she is doing what she wants to do and feels best for her family.
But mainly my happiness has had to take the form of support.

I would not be a good friend or cousin if I didn't support her and her decision. So even though her decision leaves me feeling so sad that my memories with her will start to become few and far between... her decision is her decision and I love her enough to stand behind her and say "good bye for now."

For those of you that know me, you know that Alysha has been more than a cousin to me.
We have always been more like friends... and even sisters at times.
Alysha comes from a slightly crazy background (and I say slightly loosely) so at different times in my life she has even lived with us! ... making our bond even stronger.

We have shared so many memories and moments in our lives... and I guess as we grow older this is just another part of life and another moment that we will share together.

I know, I know... it's not like she is moving to another country... it is only 4 hours away.
And I know that with life, jobs, and kids, it's not like we hang out like we did back in the day... back when we had all the time in the world.
I think what makes me most sad is that feeling of knowing she is not going to be right there.
She will not be just 10 miles away. She won't be able to stop over after she picks up her kids from daycare. There won't be the option to go grab coffee or a drink or run into her at Target.

The fact that if I really needed her... she wouldn't be right there, 5 minutes away... is what is going to be hardest to adjust to.

But enough with the sad... thank goodness for facebook is all I have to say!
I know we will keep in contact via that, emails, texts, and phone calls.
So even though she will physically be that far away from me... I know that if I desperately needed her she is only a phone call or text away!

I am also hoping she gets her butt back for the majority of family functions... trust me... they are not the same or as much fun with out her!

So, here's to those bittersweet moments in life.
The one's you don't want to face, but know you have to, and are just apart of this beautiful thing called life.

To my sweetest Alysha,

You will never know how much you mean to me and how much I have cherished these last 26 years with you in my life. We have lived together, laughed together, cried together, and done many a fun, monumental, and crazy things together.
You hold such a special place in my heart and I am so thankful and blessed to be your cousin.
I am excited for this next chapter in your life and where this journey will take you.
I am so proud of the person, mother, and wife you have become! You have fought great odds to be who you are and where you are today.
Your strength and character is definitely something to be admired and looked up to.

I love you, I will miss you, and I will look forward to and cherish every moment we get to be together from this day forward.
It was a pleasure getting to spend so much time with you and your babes over the last two days.

Good luck Smethurst Family!
Here's to a blessed and smooth transition into your new life.



Love you!

Jen


We will miss you all so much...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...