Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp


I was lookin' for a quick dessert I could whip up last Friday night and really the only thing I had in the fridge that was dessert like was strawberries.

Then I remembered our rhubarb patch in the backyard!

When we moved in, this small patch of rhubarb was already there from the previous owner, so we just left it.
Being the "Suzy Homemaker" that I am I always knew I wanted to use it and give rhubarb a try....
so here is my recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp...

2 Cups of Rhubarb
2 Cups of Strawberries

Cut them up and put them in a greased pan or casserole dish.



For the Crumb Topping...

1 Stick of Butter at room temp.
1 Cup of Flour
1 Cup of Old Fashion Quick Oats
1 Cup of Brown Sugar
1 Tsp. Cinnamon

Combined all of those ingredients together and it should form a crumbly topping.

Sprinkle it over the strawberry/rhubarb mixture in your pan and pop it in the oven



Bake at 350 for about 25 - 30 minutes
And that's it!

Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or eat it plain!
It is quite easy and quite delicious!

And both my boys just LOVED it!
Loren had seconds and Tuck had thirds!
After each scoop he kept saying "Momma I want more."

Maybe this could be for dessert tonight!

Hope your week is getting off to a great start.

Chat later,

Jen




P.S. Like the new look and sound of the blog?!

I thought it was time for a change and a more summery, personalized header!
And I am loving the cool, relaxed sound of some of the songs on this playlist!
They make me want to grab a glass of  sweet tea and relax out on my porch!

(if the playlist didn't automatically play for you, go down to the bottom of the page and click the play button. I've been having a little difficulty with their site this morning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...