Friday, April 29, 2011

I (heart) Garage Saling!!!

This morning I had the privilege of going garage sale shopping with my sister at the annual Oaks of Shenandoah Sales!

I love garage sales!

They make my heart beat fast, my adrenaline pump, and my feet move fast!
When I see a "Garage Sale" sign, my first instinct is... run!
And run fast!

I have always loved garage sales!
Call me thrifty, call me frugal, call me a junker, who cares... call me whatever you like!
Truth is... I have been snagging deals for years at places like the Goodwill and garage sales and honestly... I am proud of it!

The majority of stuff I buy lately is for the store... aka... Louise's Basement. But sometimes I pick up a lil' somethin' somethin' just for me!

Check out what I scored today...

This little beauty is truly amazing!

I have already nick-named her Stella!
As in "How Stella Got Her Groove Back!" - because that is exactly what this girl is about to do! haha.

When I saw her sitting in a driveway I knew I had to have her!
Her upholstery is tight, her fabric is mostly clean, her color is perfectly vintage, and her back and legs are strong!
When her and I locked eyes... we knew we were kindred spirits!
 But besides Stella, I got this whole pile of stuff as well!
What you are seeing here is 2 chairs, 3 big frames, an end table, a cute little lamp, a couple of cork boards, some milk crate with glass jar/flower thing (which is for me!), a dance costume which we will use for dress up for Greta, a cute fish sign for Tuck's last and final bare wall, and oh yeah.... the game Taboo... for .10 cents people!!!
 Then in this pile is a very promising upright mirror, a shelf/cabinet thing, an old vintage fan, and 2 night stands!
What you don't see pictured is a dresser and kitchen table I have yet to go pick up! lol

Ahhhhh, nothing better than a successful and sunny day out at the garage sales!

Hope you all had a great week!
It's Friday everyone... woo hoo!

Chat later,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...