Monday, January 17, 2011

To The Library We Go!

Over the weekend Loren and I took the babes on their very first trip to the Library!

I have been wanting to go for awhile now actually. I have felt that Greta has been at a good age and really has a love for books... it just so happens that Tuck has always been so young and I didn't know if he would be ready. You know... being a rowdy 1 and a 1/2 year old boy... I just never thought the timing was right... even though Greta was ready... maybe Tuck was not. And being a Mommy of 2 young babes so close in age... you really got to gauge that kind of stuff.

But with that being said... Tuck is getting bigger, older, and smarter every day and we decided it was time to tap into the wonderful, free, luxuries of the Library!

I will admit, I like to prepare my children and set them up for success... even in such small situations.
So, we brought it up the day before and talked about what a Library is.
Then the day of our big trip we talked all about the rules of the Library... mainly the part about using our "inside voices" and practiced whispering over and over again.

By late morning we were off.... off to the Library....

Both babes were so excited over all the books!
Books, and books, and more books! Books everywhere they looked!
Of course... about 5 minutes in... Tuck forgot his "quiet voice" in the truck and started to yell loudly when he saw a big stuffed puppy! - Oh well, that's my boy :)

But my Greta was wonderful and perfectly behaved... just like the big girl I know she is!
The Coon Rapids Library had a really great kid section with tables right next to a big wall of windows. Greta and Tuck were able to grab a ton of books and bring them back to the table to read.
Of course Cheeze-its and apple juice helped them want to stay at the table for longer periods of time!
And one of the main reasons I felt so excited and confident about our trip to the Library with the babes was because I was going to have my best, trusty, side kick with me.......... His name is Daddy!
This picture is too funny to me - look at Greta with that big cheesy grin in the back!
All in all, we had a really great time! The kids got to roam around and look for books, they got to sit down and have some great stories read to them by Mommy and Daddy, and we even got to rent 2 new Barney movies for the week.... and all of this fun was at the expense of FREE!
And Mommy even got a cook book for herself!

We definitely had a great and memorable first time at the Library. And now that the babes are broke in and know the rules and how a Library works... I just might be frequenting the Library a little more with just me and the babes.

I love making memories like this and documenting Greta and Tuck's first new adventures!

I hope you all had a great weekend and here's to the start of a new week!

Happy Monday,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...