Friday, January 7, 2011

Homemade Laundry Soap

I was recently turned on to the Duggar Family website by a friend (thanks Lisa!).... you know, the 19 Kids and Counting Duggar Family?!

Anyways I really enjoyed their website! It had a lot of great wisdom, pieces of advice on parenting, finances, and just general great rules of thumb for running a family and/or household of that size!

One of the main parts of their website that I enjoy so much was the recipe page! They had tons of great dinners, treats, and the one I made most recently.... Homemade Laundry Soap!

I have heard of other gals making their own laundry soap, so when my friend Lisa said she made hers and it was super easy using the recipe from the Duggar website... I was all on board and ready to make my own batch!
So I ran to the store on my way home from work and grabbed the one ingredient I did not have and I was off!

That night I made my very first batch of Homemade Laundry Soap, and I'll have to say... it was pretty easy and really fun!
This laundry soap is ridiculously cheap for the amount of gallons in makes.... so not only is it cost friendly for a family lookin' to pinch some pennies! - But if using the right ingredients it can be good for sensitive skin and it doesn't have all those chemical, dyes, and color! - I am not one to be all "green" or anything... but little things like this are nice and I am glad I was able to give it a try!

Call it a crazy or silly dream... but I would love to be the Mom that makes her own laundry soap and passes that down to my kids! In our world now a days people have lost those basic wonderful skills! Skills like making anything homemade, working hard, sitting down for a meal together and praying to thank God for all the things He has given you! - I want to be that Mom and that family.... the family that makes their own laundry soap! lol

So if you would like the recipe... go check out the recipe page, here! And let me know if you make a batch and how yours turned out!

Here are a couple photo's as to how mine turned out...
This is what I started with...

This is what it looks like after you have it all mixed together in the 5 gallon bucket...
And here is some of mine packaged and actually ready to give as a gift!

Super easy, super cheap, and anything homemade is obviously made with love... and just plain better for ya'!

Have a great weekend!

Chat later,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...