Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Clothespins Sure Do Come In Handy!


I have had this chunk of tile hanging in my kitchen/dining room for a couple years now....

When I first got it at Second Hand Rose in Buffalo, I wasn't sure what to do with it. So, for awhile it stayed like this, completely random, unfinished and not sure of what I was going to do or even wanted to do with it...

Then after I wasn't diggin' that idea of just putting random stuff all over wherever... I actually took everything down and left it completely plain! Just the plain, chippy white chunk of tile. It was simple and it was gorgeous, in my opinion.... but it was plain!
And I am not one who likes plain. I wouldn't call myself a hoarder by any means, but I prefer clutter... tasteful "clutter." Clutter that looks fine as an individual piece but gorgeous when it all comes together! Clutter that holds memories or says a family lives here and this is their story.

Honestly, It's like I see an empty space and it makes me nervous! Now of course all of this is in the decorating sense. I do like plain and simple for organization and such. And of course I say I don't like empty space but some things just have to sit empty until you find that "right piece" or have that "ahh haaa!" moment.

And that is what happened a week or so ago with that plain white chunk of tile.
It had sat empty for long enough and I knew she was crying for something to fill her... so I filled her!.......

(sorry for the low quality, blurry pics! I don't know what was up with my camera! - But you can always click on the pictures to enlarge them if you need a better looksie!)

It's really nothing fancy, super genious, or the "ooh la la" decorator type... but I like it!

I just strunge 2 pieces of twine to make 2 rows and then started hanging some pictures with clothespins. The idea really happened when I was having a moment about photos around our house. I have so many I love and just not enough places to display all of them... but now I do!

I literally threw it together as you can see (blue push pin and all), but I guess if the spirit moves you... move! And I knew if I didn't stop and do this ASAP I would never fill this tile.

So anyways, there she is! Two pieces of twine a handful of clothespins and my favorite photos and quotes. Makes a pretty cute art piece if I do say so myself!

Now after these photos move down the list of favs I can just switch them out for new ones. Or if the kids draw a cute picture, if I get a special card or thank you in the mail, I can really change it up and hang just about anything I want with my handy dandy clothespin line!

Don't have a big chunk of tile to string twine across?

Why not use a corkboard or an old farm window would be cute! Or what if you strung twine in a room. Find some wall space and string the twine from corner to corner. I would think you could find things or places of your own to make a clothespin line.

It is easy, it is cheap, and it is so versatile!
Hope you all are having a great week and hope you were inspired to do a little somethin' somethin' at your house today!


Chat later,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...