Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pizza Crescent Rolls


Is it just me or do you other Mom's run out of things to feed your little ones?!

If your house is like our house then your staples consist of chicken nuggets, hot dogs, pb & j's, mac & cheese, cheese & crackers, etc. Along with the sides of yogurt, jello, applesauce, goldfish crackers, fruit snacks, bananas... ok you get it!

It sounds like a lot of different menu items but boy does it always come out feeling like my kids are eating the same things! And forget vegetables... I would almost assume my children are allergic to them! But enough about this... it's starting to turn into a rant! haha.

The other day Greta wanted pizza for lunch... we didn't have any pizza in the house. However sometimes I have used soft shell tortillas and make a little pizza out of that.... however, we were out of soft shell tortillas also! Yikes, 2 strikes... I was beginning to feel like a bad Mom.

But then I saw a lonely can of crescent rolls hanging out in the door of the frig and came up with this last minute, impromptu pizza... or pizza rolls if you will!

All you need are these FOUR ingredients.... 1 Can Crescent Rolls, pizza sauce, pepperoni, and shredded cheese! Easy!
Take each crescent roll triangle and place a spoonful of pizza sauce in the middle, then spread out....
add a slice of pepperoni...
some shredded cheese...
then roll it up like a crescent roll should be!
How easy was that?! You're DONE! Bake them following the directions on the crescent roll can... something like 350 for 15 minutes.
Look at how delicious they turned out?!
Warm, cheesy, and I'm not gonna lie... quite tasty!

I wouldn't call these Pizza Rolls super healthy or anything wildly creative... but they worked and they were absolutely yummy! The kids loved them so much they asked for them for dinner a couple nights later!

And really you could add some extras like olives, mushrooms, whatever and change it up a bit!

Ohh and now that my mind is rollin' these would even be a super easy but delicious little appetizer to bring to a party!

Hmm... so not a bad little go to snack or meal whenever you are in a pickle and lookin' for a quick pizza fix!
But jumping back up to my top rant... really, are your kids eating habits like mine? And what do you Mom's feed your babes for lunch and dinner? I am sure any comments or opinions would help some of us Momma's out! So please... share and share alike!

Hope you're having a great week.
Chat later,
Jen

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I have made the cresent dogs and my kids love em :) I'm totally gonna try these!

    Danette :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...