Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hand Stamped Necklace

A couple weeks back my friend Adriann had the cutest hand stamped necklace that caught my eye. When I asked here where she got it, she said that her mother in law knew a girl that made them and she ordered it from her!
Now, these necklaces are by no means a brand new concept! Some time before I had seen Adriann's necklace I was actually seeing all sorts of "washer jewelry" stamped with words, dates, or your kiddo's names on them all over the place! For example... here, here, and here.

And they are just so stinkin' cute that I decided.... "Hey Jen, you're pretty crafty! Maybe you should try your hand at it and make your own!" And that is exactly what I did!

Now my first shot at this is definitely not ridiculously ornate or even super fancy. My first attempt at one was very simple but perfect to capture what I wanted! I'm hoping as I make a couple more... maybe my jewelry making skills of the 6th grade will come back!
- you remember braiding friendship bracelets don't you?!

I just started off with some good ol' washers from the hardware store...


Then I grabbed my new Steel Stamping Set. Which I ordered online here.


Then all you do is take your stamp set, a hammer, and some man - I mean girl - power and hammer each letter that you want onto the washer... "stamping it!" The black sharpie marker is so that when you are done stamping your name or word you can color it in with black ink! It makes it show up MUCH better!


And here is what I got...



Like I said, not any where near as fancy as the women I mentioned above... but for my first time, not too shabby! Atleast I got the concept down! Now all the little pretties, ditties, and fancies will follow! - I particually love the first link I posted, the one with the little girl necklace that says "cute!" I think I will be doing that next for Ms. Greta!

Happy Crafting!

Jen

P.S. - If you want more crafting ideas, check out these older posts!

Little girls Tutu's! - Baby Bibs! - and - an Old Window Frame Project!

3 comments:

  1. Cute! They do look like Adriann's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appleberry's AtticJuly 1, 2010 at 9:56 PM

    Thanks! I'll have to make you a set if you ever pick a name for baby #2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed in your craftiness as usual!! WOW! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...