Wednesday, September 2, 2009

~ Digging In The Idea Folder ~

Well, I finally got around to two different projects that I had at the top of my "to-do" list! I filed these away in my Idea Folder (if you don't have one you must make one!) about a month ago and was so excited to see them finished!

FIRST:
My Window Pane Project for Greta's room!


I have seen these window projects here, and here, and here, and honestly... everywhere! I knew I wanted to make one, I just had to find the time and the right place to put it.

I grabbed an old window pane I had bought off of Craigslist for $5.00


Then I cut some fabric to size, ironed out the wrinkles, and hot glued it to the back of the window frame.


Super cute, super easy! I love this polka dot fabric!


Then I took some of my favorite pictures of Greta, made them black and white, and arranged them like a collage in all six of the window panes. (I chose to glue/tape everything on the outside of the window instead of inside under the fabric. That way when I want to change or update the photos it is super easy.)


Once the photos were in their place I just simply added some little "ditty's." I hot glued flowers and wood buttons I spray painted in Ivory. It just brought the whole project to life!


See, how cute and easy was that?!


SECOND:
A Flower T-shirt for Ms. Greta!


-Picture taken from nannygoats blog-

I saw the idea here made by Melissa over at nannygoat and loved it! What a simple way to dress up a plain ole' shirt!
So I headed over to Target and low and behold... found solid colored t-shirts on clearance for $2.50 a piece!!! You guessed it... I grabbed one in every color!

I turned this...


Into this...


And trust me, it was not hard at all!

I just took three different color fabrics and cut out some curvy looking blobs. I layered them on top of one another and sewed them straight onto the shirt with a button to hold them in place! It was a night of hand sewing while I sat on the couch in sweatpants watching Friends with my hubby!


I am so glad I got these done and was able to check them off my list! Now on to something new! Hmmm... what project to start next?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...