Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pretending To Be A Daddy!

Every so often your children really surprise you!
They do that one thing that catches you off guard and you are not sure if you should smile, laugh, encourage the behavior, frown upon it, or just plain shake your head and move on!

For example...
Yesterday evening when I walked in the door I was greeted by Tuck, who looked like this...


Yep!
Snow boots, a Coonskin Hat, and a Red Tutu!
Our nanny who happens to be my sister Jes, said he had worn it all day.
Like loved it so much, wouldn't take it off for nap... all day! haha

When I walked in the door I couldn't help but laugh and say...
"oh Tuck, you look sooo pretty!"
He smiled and laughed back.
I asked him what he was doing wearing a Tutu and that hat and he said cause he wanted to, cause he liked it, cause that's what Daddies wear!
As he ran off,
I laughed again and said some what under my breath... "I don't think I've ever seen Daddy dress like that!"

When Daddy came home, the same thing happened...
Daddy was a little shocked to see him wearing a Tutu and asked why he was wearing it?
Tuck gave the same answer, cause he wanted to, cause he liked it, cause that's what Daddies wear!

Around our house we have a motto that you have heard me use before...
"The heart wants what the heart wants."

It is a motto I find myself saying, or sometimes trying to remind myself, that if a situation arises and it is not the norm or what I would want my kids to do, I can't always control everything!
Sometimes, the heart wants what the heart wants.

And honestly, Tuck wearing a Tutu may not be the norm... but it wasn't hurting anybody.
I'm sure we could get into what is politically correct, or the issue in the news lately about gender neutral parenting, but for now... I'm just gonna let Tuck be who he wants to be!
He was dressing up in what he liked.

And if that means wearing a Red Tutu cause he thinks that is what Daddies wear, then... whatever!
Now, if he is still wearing it in a couple of years, we may sit down and have a talk about how the Lord made boys and girls very different but very special in their own ways! haha

But for now, I am thankful that Tuck is a very sweet, kind, little boy who loves to play house with his sister.
He loves to pretend to be the Daddy, or sit under the table and pretend he is driving his sister to Missouri or a friends house... he loves to pretend and play... and who am I to scold him and tell him what he can and can not like or wear while he is pretending!

Even though he didn't look the part, per say, I am glad he spent the better part of his night pretending to be a Daddy.
Little does he know... It is the most important role he will ever play.

Hope you all are having a great Tuesday!

Chat later,

Jen

You may remember this post or this post... when Greta went against the norm as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...