Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Last Year of My Twenties!


Hip Hip Hooray - Today is my Birthday!
That's right, last night I left the world of 28 and crawled into the world of 29'ers!
I say crawled because boy do I feel old! lol
This is my last year in my twenties... can you believe that?!
Next year is gonna be a doozy... but lets not think of that just yet!

Twenty Nine Years!
Doesn't that sound like a long time to be on this earth?
I guess not if you are in your 60's or 70's... but for me, 29 years feels like a long time!

This birthday feels a little different for some reason.
Like I said, it's my last year in my twenties.
I wonder where I thought I would be at this age when I was a little girl?
I know I wanted to be married. I wanted to have a house. I wanted to have babies... typical stuff that little girls dream of. But I don't think I ever dreamed life would be like this... this good! 

For 29 years I have been spoiled with a Momma that loves me and has always been there for me.
For 23 years I have been a sister to some of the most amazing, smart, and fun siblings!
For 10 years I have been lucky enough to have the kindest, patient, most respectful and gentle man in my life! Five of which I have been able to be married to that man!
And for the last 4 years I have actually been a Momma... a Mom to the best batch of babes I could have ever dreamed of!

Funny how when you are little you just don't know what the world will look like when you become a grown up.
You don't quite know where you will be, who you will be with, or how and why everything works out the way that it does.
I guess that is the difference between a child and and adult.
Because as an adult, I know where I am going and who I am going there with!

I may not know everything or all the little details but I know what I want out of life and for the most part... I know how to get it!
I know to put God first, at the center of everything! - your life, your marriage, your home.
I know to surround yourself with good people, moral people, people who've got your back!
It's amazing how building a strong core group of people can make all the difference in certain circumstances.
And I know that blood, sweat, and tears is the way good things are made!

So, I guess my 29 years on this earth has been more than good, it's been blessed!
As I look ahead at the next birthday I will celebrate, I think there are some more things I want to get done and accomplished.
When I enter the world of thirties I want to feel confident about leaving my twenties behind and putting some of my best years ahead! I got a little more work to do this year!

But for now, I will not worry about goals or checking things off the list.
Today I am going to relax, stay away from a paint brush, spend time with those I love, and hopefully have a HUGE piece of chocolate cake!

Thanks to everyone that has wished me a happy birthday so far!
I truly have some of the best of the best in my life!

Here's to 29 being a happy, healthy, accomplished, and blessed year!

Oh... and if YOU wanna have a piece of cake in celebration of me today... you go right ahead! haha.

Chat later,

Jen

P.S.
Check out last years birthday post here.
And if you are just itchin' to know some fun facts about me, here's a good read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...