Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!


Oh Valentine's Day... how I love thee!

I really do love Valentine's Day!
Not because the hubby and I do anything over the top or extremely romantic... ohh except this one time, when we were younger... yeah that was a good one!
... I mainly love Valentine's Day because it is a day to celebrate my most favorite thing in the whole wide world...
LOVE.

The thing we all want to be in... LOVE.
The thing we hope our children always feel... LOVED.
The thing that brightens our days and warms our hearts... LOVE.
The thing that makes girls stop in their tracks and let out an "awwwwww" when they see a sappy movie or hear of a great story... LOVE.
To quote The Beatles...
all we need is... yep you guessed it... LOVE.

So in honor of Valentine's Day I set out this morning to let the ones nearest and dearest to me know that they are loved!

All of my loves woke up to a Valentine balloon floating in their room, tide down with some of their favorite things...
 Candy, a chocolate heart, and flash cards!
(you gotta mix candy with learning!)
 ... and Greta, well as you can see is not a morning girl!
She usually needs a solid 30 minutes before she will talk to you or smile!
Oh well, I still love that sour little face!
... and this boy, my true love!
He got a couple more of his favorite things from me... Sour Patch Kids and Peanut Butter!
If you know Loren then you know I will be looking for my
"Best Wife of the Year" award in the mail...
should be here any day now! haha.

And after they woke to their love grams I made sure they had a home cooked breakfast.

Pink pancakes of course...

I made the babes a bit fancy with whipped cream and sprinkles!
The breakfast of champs!

See, nothing big but just enough to let them know I took the time out of my day to let them know they are special, let them know they are important to me, let them know they are loved! :)
- my Momma did this for me when I was little and I think it's a great tradition to pass on to your babes!

You don't have to succumb to the commercialized part of Valentine's Day but you sure can participate in celebrating love!
Whether you are single, married, young, or old, have kids, or don't...
take time today to celebrate and share some love with the ones you love!

And ladies, as for this guy....
Well, he's taken!!!

Happy Valentines Day.

Love,

Jen

Remember last Valentine's Day and the treat we made?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...