Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tuck-a-roo!

Over the last couple of days I have been in a world of brainstorming for Tuck's 2nd Birthday Party!
I love planning parties but not just any parties... theme parties!
When parties have a theme, a vision, a color scheme, they just tend to not only flow better but they excite the birthday babe and all the guests that come to help make a memory!
I can't say it enough... I LOVE planning parties!

Here's is the one picture that kind of captures the vision that's been inside of my head for 2 days now.
A 1950's Soda Shop...


But forget the party... I can hardly wrap my brain around my baby almost being two!!!
How can this be? How can it be that I don't have a baby baby in the house anymore?

After thinking about his party so much it made me really think about my boy... I realized I haven't posted or documented him in awhile.
Years from now I want my babes to read about themselves, about our family, about what they liked to do, and the memories we have made.

And when I think about my sweet Tuck I smile and my heart is full of all the wonderful things that make him who he is!

* He thinks every thing and every color is BLUE!
* He scrunches up his face and makes the cutest kitty noises.
* He calls knives "sharps."
* His favorite past time is pulling out all my pots and pans to cook OR jump off the coffee table!
* He hates is diaper being changed. He will run screaming like a girl till you chase him down, just to get him on his changing table!
* He can't say Greta so he calls his big sister "Ga!"
* His sister calls him Tuck-a-roo!
* He too has "Bieber Fever" and loves to dance to the song "Baby Baby" with her!
* He loves to eat! He is seriously the best eater!
* He runs everywhere he goes.
* His favorite things to watch are Barney, The Incredibles, and Finding Nemo.
* He talks all the time! Always asking questions and saying the same thing over and over again.
* His bed time consists of Mommy and only Mommy wrapping him, rocking him, singing "you are my sunshine", tucking him in, praying over him, and finally giving him a kiss on the NOSE... has to be the nose. And this EXACT routine has to happen EVERY night! - crazy but kinda cute!
* His favorite juice is Apple.
* His favorite cereal is Life.
* He loves to wear his Dad's baseball caps.

That's my Tuck!

These are the things that make him who he is, right now, in this very moment.
These are the things we will one day look back at and smile and laugh about.
These are the things that make me realize my baby is not so much a baby anymore and I quite frankly don't want my babes to grow up anymore.

Well maybe grow up... but if we could just slow the process down a bit more it might be nice!

How about your babes?
They growin' up too fast?!
Don't forget to love them, cherish them, and save or document all the memories you can!

Life; this is our story.

Chat later,

Jen

P.S. - I'll keep you posted on some of the details of Tuck's party as they come up.
This is going to be a killer party!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...