Monday, June 4, 2012

Our First Son Turns Five!

We have always said it and I truly believe it... our pup
Walter George Appleberry... is our first son.



He was one of the first things Loren and I bought for our new house together and he was really the first pet I had ever owned!

He was the first person that solely relied on me and needed me to take care of him.
He was my first baby and my first journey on the road to being a Mom!

It really is no secret, if you know me, you know how much I love Walter.
He is one of us! He's an Appleberry and I would just about lay down my life for him, his well being, and his happiness. - I know, I'm a real sucker!
But how can you not love him?!
He is 12 pounds and 2 long feet of pure adorableness!

Like I said, he's our first son.

So, like we do every year, on June 3rd we celebrate the birth of Walter and how much he means to us and our family!

Here is the Birthday Boy yesterday with his Daddy and his cake!
- all vanilla, no chocolate, low sugar! -

And 5 candles!


After we got done singing to him, and the babes blowing out his candles... it was present time!
I'm telling you, I have never seen a dog go this crazy excited over opening presents!
Walter knows exactly what "presents" mean and he is no stranger to gettin' right in there and opening them up!
Seriously, this boy LOVES opening presents!


After checking out his treats, new dog bone, and a squeaky cupcake toy... Walter got to enjoy a small piece of his Birthday Cake along with his brother Gus.
The boys were in doggy heaven!


After some more pampering, a nice little rest outside as the sun went down, lots of love, hugs, kisses, and some belly scratchin'...
this boy was spent!


Ole' Grey Beard had had a jam packed, fun filled, Birthday!


We tucked him in, kissed him goodnight, and left him to dream of catchin' a rabbit or spendin' a whole day with his girlfriends across the street, Cindy & Princess. :)
 
What about you guys?
Are we the only one's that treat our puppies like kids?
Or celebrate their birthdays?
 
*Oh and speaking of birthdays... check back tomorrow as I do a big post full of pictures on the birth of my new nephew, Mr. Cash David Petersen! 
 
Chat later,
 
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...