Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Meet My Nephew Cash!

Two weeks ago today, on May 22nd, 2012 my nephew
Mr. Cash David Petersen was born into this world!


It was a wonderful day full of excitement as this is my very FIRST nephew!
You see, I am already thee insanely blessed Auntie of not one, not two, but FOUR beautiful nieces!
But there was something extra special about being there to welcome my very first nephew into the world!

And for awhile there we didn't know how or when Cash would make his appearance!

For days leading up to Cash's arrival, his Mommy, my sister Jes... was walking around dilated from a 4 to a 5! We were sure Cash was going to come any day... but day after day... he stayed snug in his Mommies tummy!
The other obstacle we faced with Cash was the fact that his sister, Paisley, was delivered via C-Section.
And after going through all of the miserable recovery with that, my sister set her mind on Cash being delivered naturally, despite what doctor's and nurses thought.

Now of course as time got closer if a C-Section is what was best for the health of Baby and Mom I know Jes would have willingly scheduled a C-Section... but as long as there was hope for a natural birth... Jes was gonna go for it!

So, the morning of Cash's birth Jes went in for a scheduled doctors appointment to see where she was at.
At the time she was dilated to a 5 and they figured it was time to send her over to the hospital to see if she was experiencing any signs of labor or if they could help that along a little.

After being admitted to the hospital, Jes walked around and around trying to get labor to kick in... and it worked. She started feeling contractions and was back in her room where they broke her water to get the show on the road.
All of that leads up to the moment of truth.

Jes was dilated to a 9 and that is when they got her ready to start pushing.
She knew in her head that they would only let her push for so long before they called a C-Section.
So with me and Mom in the waiting room praying and prayer warrior Grandma Jan praying at work... Jes set out to naturally push baby Cash out!
After an hour or so of pushing we received a text from Dad, Brandon, that said the doctor was going to give Jes 15 more minutes before she called it, and then it was time for a C-Section.

Funny thing is... I think that is the exact hour when God stepped in and arrived in room 463!
Jes got her game face on and knew that it was now or never... and in a matter of about 11 minutes Cash was born NATURALLY on the scene!

I am sure in the delivery room and I know from the waiting room... I huge sigh of relief and "Praise the Lord" shouted from our lips!!!
And from there... the rest is history!

At 4:18 pm on May 22nd Cash David Petersen was born.
Weighing in at 8 lbs. 11 oz. and 22.5 inches long.


Here is his proud big sister Paisley meeting her brother for the first time!


And just like Paisley, everyone was excited to get there hands on baby Cash!
Here are my two babes Greta and Tuck with their newest cousin!


Loren and I practicing what a new baby feels like!
- Come January, this will be us again! -


Just look at how adorable this little boy is!



Proud Mommy...

(so, so proud of you Jes!!!)

Proud Daddy...


Oh Baby Cash...
How excited I am to be your Auntie!
I promise to be the best "Auntie Momma" I can be.
I promise to be fun, be your home away from home, buy you nice presents, and give you lots of treats and kisses!
I am so blessed to finally have a nephew.


I can't wait to watch you grow into the little boy Jesus has planned for you to be!


Welcome to this beautiful thing called life!

Chat later,

Auntie Jen

Wanna learn more about Cash's family?
Check out this post from the day his big sister Paisley was born!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...