Tuesday, May 15, 2012

... and then there were three!

On Sunday I received the best Mother's Day present of all time... the news that come January we will be welcoming a new little Appleberry babe into our family!


Yep, you read that right... I am pregnant!


And although news like this always feels like a shock... this has been in the making for a long time.
You see, it was just shy of 1 year ago that Loren and I set out to make our third and final baby!

From the beginning there was this gut feeling that things might not happen as fast as they did with Tuck!
I mean with Tuck I was just coming off my pregnancy with Greta and so I think my body was at a pretty fertile state.... but those of you that know us well, you know that getting pregnant with Greta wasn't so easy!
My body just doesn't like to ovulate or flat out cooperate with plans, dates, cycles, etc.
But after a few months of working with a doctor we were pregnant with our Greta.

And it just so happens that this third baby is following suit!
After months and months of trying with no success, Loren and I agreed it might be a good idea to go back and see our fertility doctor.

Long story short...
After more months and months of trying, a couple disappointed and tear filled nights....
Oh... and lots of fertility drugs later... we are now pregnant and expecting our third little babe
mid January of 2013!

Not only are Loren and I super excited (ok, and a tad nervous!) but Greta and Tuck seem to be pretty pumped as well!
It has been all the rage and talk at our house lately!

Greta is already taking well to the role of big sister.
She is being very kind and nurturing.... making sure to be extra careful when I hold her or if she sits on my lap. She doesn't want to "crush the baby" as she says! lol

And Tuck... well any chance he gets he will remind you that he is no longer little or the baby around our house... he is a big brother now!
Last night he kissed my tummy and yelled loudly... "Goodnight Baby!!!" - in hopes that yelling would mean the baby would really hear him!

Loren and I know that this will be our last baby and so we have every intention of truly enjoying and really living every moment of this last pregnancy.

I have to keep reminding myself that this is really happening!
That although this is going to be scary, nerve racking, chaotic, and life changing... that this is what we wanted.
That you have to put in all the blood, sweat, and tears now... just so that later in life you can truly reap all the benefits.
So that one day you can proclaim "I survived raising a family... and lived to tell about it!"

So here's to Baby #3!
May the Lord continue to watch over our family and bless us with a healthy pregnancy and flawless delivery!

And don't be shy to send up some prayers for us!
We could use all the help and support we can get!

Chat later,

Soon to be Mommy of THREE! - yikes!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...