Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Greta's Tangled Birthday Party!

Like I said in yesterday's post our little Ms. G just turned four!

And when asked what she wanted the "theme" (I love themes!) of her fourth Birthday Party to be, she of course said....
Rapunzel!
The movie Tangled is huge at our house!
It was when it came out on DVD last year and has been ever since!
Take Christmas this year for example... about 50% of Greta's gifts had something to do with Tangled!
All of the dolls, Flynn Rider, the horse, pj's, purses, and lip gloss!
You name it, if it's Tangled or Rapunzel themed... we now have it!

And as much as I hate "character" type clothing, shoes, etc.... I know that things like that... over the top things like that, make Greta oh-so-happy!

Now if you other Mom's are like me then you too go a little crazy for your kids birthdays!
I love parties and party planning so my babes birthdays are the perfect avenue to let all my creative passions and ideas explode!
(or maybe I'm just a little bit like my Dad Terry... he's a party planning diva! lol)

So.... when Greta told her Momma she wanted a Rapunzel party... a extravagant Rapunzel party is what she got!

Here are some of the fun details so that you too can create a super fun Tangled party for your little girl... if she's into that of course! ;)

 We started with making little things like that fun banner on the buffet!
That sun design is what you see in quite a few parts of the movie... so we made a couple!
One for the kitchen, living room, etc.
They were super easy to make and can be found here.

Then I wanted lots and lots of lanterns!
If you remember in the movie the lanterns is what Rapunzel was trying to go see...


So we borrowed some from my sister Jes and hung them all over the ceiling!
 It was stunning!


We had a few odds and ends blue lanterns from my Dad so we paired them with this fun Flynn Rider poster!
You can find the poster here and how to play the game "Pin the Frying Pan on Flynn" here.


Besides the banner and fun purple balloons every where... we had the whole soundtrack from the movie playing on my ipad for all the guests and little girls to enjoy! We also had the movie playing downstairs and coloring sheets for the girls to color while they waited to eat!
Oh, and I forgot to mention that on the invites we told all the little girls that they could come dressed up as their favorite princess!
(and I also had a box of dress up stuff for those that wanted at the party)

 Not pictured is a really fun 20 foot long yellow braid that we made for the party!
It resembles Rapunzel's hair and turned out super cute! We hung it all around the living room as just another eye catching piece for the girls!
You can see what I am talking about here.

When it came time for food we didn't do the whole buffet super "themey" - we just had too many people!
But I did want to add some fun little touches that kept it "Tangled!"

Like these adorable jello love boats!
- for when Rapunzel and Flynn set off their first lantern together in the boat -


And then we set out a frying pan (remember the pan?) full of apples for Maximus the horse!
And I actually saw some little hands snacking on these apples as they ran around and played!


When it came time for the cake my hubby and I made the doughnut tower to set as the focal point in the middle of the buffet...
Basics of the doughnut tower: 1 dozen cake doughnuts stacked on my paper towel holder thingy... then 1 giant muffin bought at the bakery and an upside down waffle cone that was dipped in purple almond bark.
Then we just added the little Rapunzel braid and finished it off with lots of fake flowers bought at the dollar store!

Beside the doughnut tower we had a cupcake tower on each side full of flower cupcakes!
I had planned on making these myself but ran out of time and energy... so I just ordered cupcakes from the local bakery that were iced in green to look like grass!
Then we added a fake flower on top to make it look like the meadow around Rapunzel's tower!
The whole display turned out so stinkin' cute!


F.Y.I though... green frosting and little kids makes for some funny and messy memories!
Exhibit A: Princess Jojo... :)
And that's about it gals!

Another fun and super cute party under my belt!
I'd have to say, I actually had a really fun time planning this party and throwing it all together!
It all turned out so cute and I know Greta had a GREAT time... and that's all that matters I guess!

*A big thanks to My Dad, Chad, Wayne, Momma, my sisters, and James!
I couldn't have pulled off that party if it wasn't for you guys!
Every event has to have a team full of little elves running around to make something that big come together... and I am so thankful to have all of you as my little elves! haha. - really I do appreciate it.

Hope you all got some fun ideas for your next party!

As for us... well, we are done planning parties for a little bit.
Right now, we are just gonna enjoy life with our four year old!


Chat later,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...